Friday, September 18, 2009

COME WITH ME TO SUPERTOWN

Let's cross this bridge? Recognize it? Two of the great ones in America----spanning the infamous "Tacoma Narrows". RIGHT HERE ---something remarkable happened--click here to see--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-zczJXSxnw --I'll wait.

Travel past THREE aircraft carriers anchored side by side in Bremmerton, Wa. No! that's not the supertown. Super is not about size---except at Mc Donalds.
---and settle in with me at an Elks Lodge in the countryside-- My humble trailer nestled between giant rigs---owned by friendy ladies-- Karin to my left and Dodi to my right. That's Pauls' 5th wheel rig to her right. All told, a dozen showed up. (How will I attract a lady with so diminutive a rig?---I don't know---but I do have my eye on a large combo house/horse trailer with lots of room and still possessing stealth)
Off we go to super town---on the bike trail--passing this gentleman on a recumbent version---super comfortable to ride.
---terrific bike trail ---an old railroad bed with a marvelous view.
But wait! A boat yard with lots of world travelers---with stories! I'll mosey aroud here awhile.
Here's one---another codger with a codger boat older than himself. (75 years--all wood)--requires a yearly haul out and re paint. He and his wife--topside--love this old tub.
This one has sailed the south seas. It's also very old--but fit.
----as you can see! It is here for the annual---4th largest in the world--wooden boat show.
But oops! This one dragged anchor during stiff winds last night---spoke to the owner---not distressed---the tide will refloat it---no serious damage done.
I've not revealed the super city yet--have I---nor even showed it to you. I was distacted enroute as I often am---will show it---tomorrow or next day---with an explanation--why it is super. Here's the ferry which may give you a clue. I've been on the road 35 years and boondocked 8000 plus nights--visiting many many cities and towns---and I'm prepared to reveal a half dozen or so supercities--along with this one-- I also promise to reveal to you two evil cities and one that has blood on its hands that besmirches it to this very day.











3 comments:

xxx said...

I love it. Your rig between those mega dollar rigs. Don't forget Port Gamble there is lots of money there. I was hoping you would keep coming up I-5 so I could meet up with you. If you need any info about where to boondock or other info, more than willing to help.
Patrichorner@gmailhorner@gmail.com

Rob said...

From Tacoma across the (free) bridge then pictures of the naval yard... Heading north. I'd make a guess but what fun is that? I like surprises.

I am interested in your supercities and the nasty ones. It's good to know what to avoid.

I'm looking forward to your next installment!

Anonymous said...

"How will I attract a lady with so diminutive a rig?"

Any woman who doesn't appreciate how optimized and clever your rig is, is not worth your notice in the first place.

Stick with a winner.