Monday, March 19, 2012

QUEST FOR COMMUNITY CARAVAN----THE BEGINNING

THE START OF SOMETHING-----WONDERFUL!

Right there---our rigs lined up along this beautiful lake---something wonderful is being conceived.

From my doorway

A flying maching purrs past

Here in this lovely--cost free spot---somewhere near Yuma, AZ---some friends and I are setting in motion the Quest-for-Community caravan.  We posted our separate visions on the previous  blog with an invitation to like-minded individuals to contact us and possibly join us in creating a brand-new type of mobile community for a summer long adventure in the state of New Mexico.

We have been surprised and delighted at the response.----- From around the nation we have received inquiries and applications---from lots of terrific people.  We will select  7 or 8 to join us in creating our new community.  I will post updates on our whereabouts and All others are welcome to visit us wherever we are to see how the community building is going--and put themselves on a stand-by list for unforseen vacancies.
  Here are our agreements thus far:
1. We have no set travel schedule---we will move when serendippity beckons.  Good sense of course suggest that we start low in the state and move higher following pleasant temperatures.
2. Our purpose is to champion one another to live our most inspired lives as we create this intentional community on wheels.
3. We have no Guru or Swami--We are all leaders--- from time to time when our expertise calls us to step forward.    
RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  I believe everyone hungers to connect--to be known--and to contribute.
That is what I personally am aiming at.  I think it would be a terrific contribution if this tiny group could demonstrate that the good life people hunger for---is  at hand--almost literally within walking distance.  We just need to live simply enough to clear the space and time to discover ourselves and what we would enjoy contributing.  I wish we could encourage a  million people---who already have enough money to retire---to do so---and open up a million jobs for people beginning their careers. 







4 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hi,

I came across your page recently and I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

Thanks and have a great day!

Ash said...

Sounds like a great plan! There are so few caravans out there right now, it's kind of like hitchhiking: the more people the more noticeable and the more red flags seem to go up with the locals. New Mexico should be awesome though. Keep us posted!

Bon vivant said...

Definitely! Eventually we'll have enough mass to all gather at a Walmart and boycott them for their ill treatment of earth, womankind and all else I don't presently know about! A month later we can nail McD's, "Whole" Foods and the rest of the ilk. lol

Seriously, great idea.

Unknown said...

If I had more than a couple thousand to contribute I would leave here yesterday?I will continue to follow y'all in your travels with the hopes of selling everything that I have and getting to Alaska .