Monday, December 04, 2017

FOUND: A HERO DENTIST IN ALGODONES MEXICO

THIS DENTIST SAID NO!  "I WILL NOT PULL THAT TOOTH.  I KNOW IT CAN BE SAVED"



Meet Dr Edgar Rabago DDS surgery and implants, A member of the Rubio Dental group.  I had just asked him to pull one of my teeth that I had given up on--- unremittingly painful after a root canal done in the USA had gone wrong.  After 2 weeks of pain, I was desperate for relief.  Dr Rabago
recommended we save the tooth.


To persuade me, he called in the biggest gun--that's the  famous Dr Carlos Rubio, here suited up for implant surgery, but he took the time to look at the  tooth and agreed that the tooth could and should be saved.

Bright and early next day I'm in the care of Dr. Domingez,  the Rubio team member who specializes in root canals.

He goes to work on the problem explaining that he will do his utmost to save the tooth.
In short order he finds the problem.  Cn you see that light line at the lower part of the tooth.  It's an 
anomalous extra canal that occurs occasionally and does not show unless you x-ray the tooth from several angles.  That canal harbors germs and was the reason for the infection and pain.  Dr Dominguez fixed it and Bingo---the pain was gone--THE TOOTH WAS SAVED.
That was 8 months ago.  I went back recently to thank the entire Rubio team for their good work.
This is Dr. Dominguez and crew who kindly posed for this pict.  Need a root canal? this is the guy to see in Algodones Mexico. (across the border from Yuma, AZ.
For appointments call 928-362-0530
And I went across the street to thank the origional hero --Dr Rabago who said NO--"I won't pull that tooth".
For appointments with him call 928-723-0015
This is Dr Dominguez's office.

RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  I saved a lot of money by saving that tooth.  An implant to fill the gap could have cost thousands.  I've been a patient of the Rubio team for many years and have them to thank for the fact that at my advanced age, I have decent teeth.  (including 4 solid implants from Dr Rubio---who has done more than 10, 000 of them)



10 comments:

John said...

It is crazy. I have full dental care here in the USA but I still go to TJ because it is cheaper and better service.

John said...

Can we ask what it cost?

Randy said...

John: Dominguez charges $340. Interestingly, the cost of the failed root canal was $900 in Colorado. (wish I could get my money back)

Something I forgot to say was that all the work done by the Rubio team is guaranteed for 5 years. I once broke a front crown and he replaced it without charge.

It is possible to find dentist in Algodones who charge less but one visit to Rubio and his team and high-tec equipment will persuade you to pay a few dollars more for dentistry you can trust. I'm out $900 from a USA dentist with no guarantee.

Mike Yukon said...

Randy, thanks for posting about the Dentist. I suspect it won't be long before most of us will need the Mexican Doctors and Dentists because we can't afford the USA healthcare. I'll save this info for the future.

whitey said...

Thanks for posting this. I've got a decent dental plan through my work and still get hammered with extra charges on most visits, and this is in the utopia known as Canada! I had a root canal done in Thailand last year and it cost $180 and I'm very happy with the work.

I've just celebrated 6 months of mobile living (in a van) with a first trip to Quartzsite and a few other places in the Southwest, and came here to thank Randy for his part in "Without Bound", which lead me to consider this kind of lifestyle.

There's an interesting piece on Consortium News which reminded me of Randy's statement that the fruits of the industrial revolution should be liberty.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/12/08/capitalisms-failure-of-the-flesh/

Bob Wells' site is great for the practical aspect of mobile living, Mobile Codgers provides the philosophical incentive. Thanks again Randy.

abdullah said...

worst pain ever is tooth pain!

Anonymous said...

will you please tell the cost??
as far as i know Interestingly, the cost of the failed root canal can be 600$.

sell iphone 6s 64gbsell

Randy said...

sellthemobile: Did you notice in my respone above I gave the cost of a Rubio team root canal as $340.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picture of that root behind the root...easy to miss. I imagine the surround X-rays might pick that up because it moves 180 degrees around one's jawbone and is required by all dentists, Mex and US, for implants and dentures.
I'm glad your situation worked out. Rubio is a star.
Bushman

Nancy1340 said...

I am actually looking forward to my trip to your dentist. Hopefully soon after the first of the year.