Sunday, November 15, 2020

REASSEMBLING THE TRIBE AT SADDLE MOUNTAIN

IT'S BEEN NEARLY A YEAR SINCE WE HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLYASSEMBLED HERE.

WE SCATTERED FOR THE SUMMER BUT SOME OF US COULD NOT BEAR TO PART,

SO A FEW OF US STAYED TOGETHER THROUGH THE SUMMER.  NOW WE REAAEMBLE!.

 

You may remember these lovely mountains 40 miles west of Phoenix.


Now we are back---here is the first wave of returnees gathered to establish how we are going to deal with the corona virus.  It was a good meeting and we set a good policy to protect ourselves.


Our rigsare strung along this road.


And C.B. unveils his latest electronic marvel:  giant screen movies for our entertainment.


For the guitar crowd, a practice session.
Hiking in the morning for the vigorous.
Games at two for gamers.
Slow shuffling walkers at 5.
Snoozing, solitude and privacy at any time desired.
And that's the way we while away the days.

RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  I REMIND MYSELF  WHAT I AM DOING OUT HERE IN THIS DESERT WITH THIS SELECT GROUP OF FRIENDS:  WE ARE REINVENTING THE TRIBE,
Making it voluntary, free, fun, supportive, even transformative.  .


4 comments:

Chef Ted said...

Hey Randy,
I was trying to tell a friend about a blog I read many years ago. He was one of the first bloggers writing about retirement in a rv, a cantankerous sort that I think lived in San Diego and spent a lot of time in Mazlatan. The blog picture was of him sitting in a beach chair in front of his rig ( Winnebago?) on maybe a Mexican Beach.The name of the blog I think was the name of the type of rig His son killed himself and he wrote very poignantly about his pain. He himself died several years ago and I cannot remember his name/blog

Does any of this ring a bell?
Thank you in advance kind sir!
Ted (ted.leake@yahoo.com

Thank you in advance kind sir,

Anonymous said...

Tioga george

Chef Ted said...

Bingo! Old boy Tioga George. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit,I like these tribe ideas. After the pandemic starts to fizzle out,I am going to try to mesh with a tribe or two. Not because I want to be changed or attacked, but because I'm getting old enough to reintegrate socially, at least to a limited degree. This is after 21 years as a nomad, 14 of those international and 4 domestic in a van.

On a side note, Wayne Wirs is really missing out on some fun times, eh? I hope he didn't come back as one of those 17 million minks in Denmark.