Friday, July 14, 2017

TIME---THE CURRENCY OF LIFE---HOW ARE YOU SPENDING IT?

HERE'S HOW I'M SPENDING MINE:


Competed in a Poetry Slam.  This pretty lady sat beside me and announced that she was inspired by my blog to move into a van and take to the open road.  I have a lot to answer for.

You will recognize my old friends Laurie and CB.  We spent a whole day making this truck comfortable to camp in.  She insisted on plexiglass windows and a shaded roof strong enough to sleep on.

Breaking camp, I share a goodbye meal with Laurie and Kat.  We are headed in three different direction
s.
My first stop is only 20 miles away, camping with an old friend in this lovely spot with a view of Mt Humphrey. (12,633 ft--highest point in Az)

Then on toward Santa Fe, I pause for the night near the border with New Mexico.  Every exit usually offers little roads into the desert--away from the interstate noise.

Arriving at my friends place near Santa Fe.  He has 5 acres.

That's him on the right--Bushrod, my oldest friend--40 plus years. You may recognize Debora and CB from our last campsite who arrive shortly afterwards. (everyone travels separately--the only way to feel free)

Once settled in here, CB gets busy recording a new musician. (Simon) If you are unfamiliar with his hobby of recording musicians?  Click here for a sample of his fine work.

This was an ego boosting moment: In Sam's club I was surprised when this guy called my name and said " I recognize you from the movie". Without Bounds

Enjoyed an amazing experience of virtual reality..

and  an outdoor symphony.---they played all the 4th of  July favorites.

Attended a session of professional poets in this building and afterwards witnessed this dragon tearing its way out of the building.

CB found a musician on the plaza--brought him to the studio on his scooter.
The guy , Ricky,  a singer/songwriter/musician was a terrific guitar player and seemed deeply grateful that someone with the CB's skill and equipment would polish his music and provide him with a demo record he can use to promote himself.

Bushrod and I got to work equiping my van with solar power. (200 watt panel costs $250.)

Ah but this controller costs $300

and these two batteries $400.  Someone gave me the inverter.  So there you have a good solar system for a thousand dollars.  Should be good for 10 years service. ($8 amonth)

The heartbeat of Santa Fe is the Plaza.  Here's a selfie of me and a scientist from Los Alamos Laboratory that I engaged.

And over there, a musical duo named "HALF A SHIPWRECK".  I recruited them for CB to record.

A block away is the most astounding art exhibit I've ever seen:  giant art works by great artist from the past from one of the premier galleries in the world---The PRADO museum in Madrid, Spain.
They are of course copies---but I could not tell. Here's Adam and Eve.


This is Bosch's vision of hell.
There must hve been a hundred of the finest art in human history--free to all--outside in the shade of a churchyard.

RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  TWO WEEKS OF MY LIFE--- scanned for you.  In the grand scheme of things, it amounts to nothing perhaps, but I enjoyed it.  Are you enjoying your life?















10 comments:

Sundeep said...

Awesome stuff as always, thanks for sharing!!

Why is it so hard to pull the plug and give the mobile life a try?!

Jim said...

==========
It looks like you're towing your TT with your new-to-you van. Do you plan on moving into the van at some point and ditching the TT? Going "small" again? We're still fulltiming (20 months and counting) and it was great to meet you in person our first winter at the Slabs (2015). Currently in Portland and headed to Boise area on Monday -- loving the life a little more each day :)
==========
sail4free
==========

Gloria said...

What a thrilling life you have, Randy! It helps to have earned your financial freedom. I hope to do that sooner, rather than later! However, I'm grateful that I can enjoy building my business while boondocking instead of going to a brick and mortar school everyday! You've enjoyed many years like this. It's enviable to so many! What a gift of time. I enjoy seeing how you spend it with so many friends! Lastly, I LOVE your new van! I wonder if you're going to soon "drop off" the trailer and just live in the van. He he!

Anonymous said...

I always heard it was a good thing to keep your hands busy (pic 12) :)


Mitchell

Randy said...

Thank you sweet people for your responses. Yes, it is my intention to GO SMALL AND MOVE INTO THE VAN WHEN i CAN MAKE IT COMFORTABLE. Going to take awhile and meantime I'll tow the trailer.
And Anonymous: very perceptive of you to notice my hand in pict 12. Yeah, I couldn't resist.
Gotta ask you, however, do you think that lady is real or just part of the painting?

Randy said...

Sundeep: You ask a very interesting question. (why is it so hard to break loose and get mobile?) I will throw the question open to my readers and even pass it on to Bob Wells and well as giving it some thought myself and reporting back to you.

Moe said...

"Yes, it is my intention to GO SMALL AND MOVE INTO THE VAN..."

Why?

later,
-Moe

Randy said...

Hi Moe: SIMPLICITY, MOBILITY, STEALTH.

Helpadya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

No, I know the lady is part of the painting ...though I did have to do a double-take. Still fun, though.

Mitchell