Tuesday, May 08, 2018

WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING---AN UPDATE

Bloggers like myself often must choose between writing about life or living life.  I've been living life and will now write about the last few months.

Decided to record the Walt Whitman performance I do on occasion.

My buddy CB has the equipment and skill to make me sound good.


Sometimes he gatheres a crowd of 10 or so to enjoy a movie in his splendid trailer.

Here's a homemade camper with a secret:  It's made from a paddleboat turned upside down.

Engaged this guy who has a novel plan to beat the heat of oncoming summer.  He's dug this hole in the desert--lined it with plastic, gathered water from assorted sources to begin filling his "cool pool".
He has a sign asking for donations of water.

I went to Yuma for a month or so--made a speech, caught up on movies, celebrated New Years with local friends.


This famous guy stopped by for a visit.  Recognize him? His van is almost as famous as he is--a marvel of ingeneuity and craftsmanship. (Glenn Morrissette: https://www.instagram.com/tosimplify/?hl=en)

Met this terrific guy Chris Huelsbeck.

He writes music--sometimes hiring this symphony.  give a listen to his work:

Here he is at work.  He has persuaded me to consider Patreon.
 some of his albums.
Meet Tracy, his lovely wife--art director of a gallery--

here in nearby Jerome, Az, an artsy fartsy tourist town on the side of a mountain--where everyone has a 40 mile view. 

On a leisurely walk, I met The Poet Federico.  We exchanged poems and she posed by this picture appropriately labled WANDER WOMAN. 

Then the 4 of us decided to camp together.  Here we are nestled  in the desert near Cottonwood, Az.

When the weather reached 90 degrees, we packed up and moved three thousand feet and 40 miles uphill to the Flagstaff area with 3 more friends we recruited.
How sweet it is! Temps 75 degrees and 50 at night)  Here the poet lady (Kathy) serves us all watermelon.

RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  AH SWEET PEOPLE--Have I persuaded you that the good life can be enjoyed while being houseless? (not homeless mind you) Tomorrow I hope to have a surprise for you.

4 comments:

Terri Reed said...

Wow, always learn something from you Randy! Gameography! the creation of music for games! Your new friend Chris is extremely talented (listening to his symphonies now) and definitely follows his own drummer in life. This is his Wikipedia page, worthy of a read in my opinion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Huelsbeck

Unknown said...

Memories of Jerome, Arizona......I spent a week there in 1972, before it became " an artsy fartsy tourist town", staying in a shack on the side of the hill without electricity or running water. Is the Spirit Room still there ?

Randy said...

Hi Andy: I'd like my readers to know that you are a friend from long decades ago when together we started a community in New Orleans enjoying the pleasures. economies, education and excitements of a voluntary family. Always great to hear from you. Will ask my friends about the spirit room. Andy is one of the few people I know who perhaps lead a more adventurous life than I do.

Unknown said...

And the adventure continues, Randy... My wife and I are going to Ajijic, Mexico for the months of July and August with another couple to explore what we are calling "Aging in Community". The Lake Chapala area has great weather, health care, a large international ex-pat community, and the cost of living is less than half of what it is here in California. At least as important, it is outside the energetic field of Amerikan "culture", which seems to be deteriorating rapidly under the current governmental regime.