Wednesday, May 30, 2012
TRIBE GATHERS ON A MOUNTAINTOP
BOLD EXPERIMENT GAINS MOMENTUM
Our pathfinder/Scout Boonie has wowed us again ---leading us to the mountaintop---8,200 ft elevation---where we each settle into a spot that suits us---as close to or as far from others as we choose.
Lynn chooses the cliffs edge for a 40 mile view.
Boonie --a hardcore boondocker---settles back a ways to avoid stiff winds.
Peg's rig is a marvel of intelligent design--drafted by herself---and executed by the Nation's foremost
custom interior wizards at www.Sportsmobile.com . Boonie and I were very impressed.
I situate myself in a small clearing facing west---for lots of good reasons---(satellite and solar reception etc)
Laurie is also particular about where she parks her marvelous "Casbah".
Wanna see inside?
Laurie is not camera shy or afraid of heights. Here helping me show you our view and the terrible forest fire raging in the distance---yes. it's the one you've been hearing about. The smoke from which will likely trouble Albuquerque and Denver. I just stepped outside (it's now 12:20 mst) to look at the fiery inferno lighting up the night.
Peg, (second from right) this afternoon, initiated a tradition---a BYOF---bring your own food--and let's eat together.---A great success we agreed because we all have distinct food preferences--and find pot lucks troublesome and unsatisfying.
RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES: It's delightful to be here enjoying the cool forest with such bright and amiable people. I will remind my readers of my personal vision for this experiment:
1. TO DISCOVER NEW POSSIBILITIES FOR FRIENDSHIP CLUSTERS . (How other personalities can inspire, inform, comfort, amuse)
2. TO EXPERIENCE THE AMAZING POWER OF ALLIGNED INTENTIONS.
3. TO SET IN MOTION AN ORGANIZATION THAT INVENTS ITSELF--THAT EVOLVES--LEARNS TO REPLICATE ITSELF.
4. TO RELATE IN WAYS THAT ALLOW EACH OF US TO SEE OURSELVES MORE CLEARLY---APPRECIATE OURSELVES AND EXPRESS OUR TALENTS.
5. TO BE A SOURCE OF KINDNESS AND ACCOUNTABILITY.
6. TO ENJOY THE EXTRAVAGANT BONUS OF HUMAN ASSOCIATION. (one unit of giving to the group can result in many units of getting---e.g. build a fire or locate a campsite or solve a problem)
7. TO GRADUALLY BUILD A FUN NEW RV CULTURE OF IMAGINATIVE TRADITIONS, DEVOID OF "PECKING", THAT SATISFIES OUR TWIN NEEDS OF SOLITUDE AND SOCIETY.
Finally, I want to invite you to visit us as we make our way around NM. And if you are self sustainedly mobile and think you could contribute to--enjoy---benefit from this group---come and find your place in this bold experiment. (write me personally: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will tell you where we are) (We plan to expand our numbers until--we feel we have reached a functional optimum) We expect people to come and go---hopefully maintaining a critical mass core.