Saturday, July 18, 2015

STARTING SOMETHING NEW: TOMBSTONES THAT SAY SOMETHING

MOTHER'S HEADSTONE PROJECT--THE JOB IS DONE--- And as promised--- I show you the completed task.
Here's what the completed ceramic plaque looks like.  I ordered it from       http://www.photosforheadstones.com/
Cost about $230---they were very accommodating--back and forth-- as I revised the wording.

You may remember this post back in May when I decided to let my mother speak from the grave to all who might pass in this lovely small town cemetery in Sibley, Louisiana. Weather and other factors delayed the installation till now.

My sweet sisters Darlene and Bobbie Jean paid for it and its installation and sent me these photos.

RANDY PHILOSOPHIZES:  I'm pleased to make a first step in bringing back tombstones that say something----preferably what the person valued in life.  I think I will do the same for my father and my brother----Maybe I'll do it for myself.

Wanna be inspired by this idea?  Read a few of these from SPOON RIVER ANTHOLOGY  by Edgar Lee Masters and see what I mean.  Better yet--read them till you find your life described among these voices from the grave---I did--and it made me a bit more thoughtful about my life.
Imagine a succinct statement about the thrust of your life.







No comments: